My cup truly overflows with blessings.
Don’t get me wrong — life is far from “perfect.” But, oh my! What good there is in my life. God has been so gracious to me! Let me count the ways….
1. My husband who puts up with all sorts of emotion, indecision, and demands — mine! He loves me truly and is happy to make me happy. He is one in a million.
2. My son who is so unique and already a strong little individual. He brings me untold laughs, love, and joy, even in the midst of loving discipline.
3. My daughter who, while she is way more complex than her brother, offers me a different kind of companionship, help, and love. She makes me laugh with her girly silliness and is already sensitive to the needs of those around her.
4. My parents who are proud of me even when I do nothing special. If anyone overesteemed my abilities, it is them. But, it’s nice to have a little fan club.
5. My sisters who have humored me over the years and loved me despite my bossy big sister tendencies.
6. My in-laws who even amidst their own busy schedules take time for us and bring such fun to our whole family dynamic.
7. My friends who listen to me vent, encourage me to keep to the narrow path, and love me despite my many faults.
8. You, my dear readers, who keep me from talking to myself.
So, let me ask you….
What are YOU thankful for this Thanksgiving?