So A-girl is three months into the terrible twos although they started a long time ago. In an effort to remain sane while traveling through this season of life with her, I feel compelled to write down all the things she does and says that will make me miss her at this age, despite the tantrums, manipulating, and dramatics that accompany my two year old daughter.
20 ways you will make me smile (forever)
1. Your beautiful blue eyes.
2. How everyone says you have your mama's curls. (I don't trust them to last, so I'm enjoying them now!)
3. The way your eyes get HUGE when we are really close and talking about something "So Cool"
4. How you potty trained yourself because you wanted to be a big girl. I really hope you grow out of wanting to be a big girl…You'll grow up way to fast like mama did.
5. It makes my laugh and smile to see you traipsing around the house in nothing but your pink panties and high heeled princess shoes.
6. It makes me smile to remember how well you can speak at this age, but how you never say the "s" at the beginning of a word. Spaceship becomes "Paceship" and spaghetti is "Paghetti"
7. The way you light up whenever daddy comes home.
8. How eager you are to help me in the kitchen dumping measuring spoons and watching my ever-constant mixer go 'round and 'round.
9. Your chubby little buns…Oh, I could just squeeze all day!
10. It makes me smile that you both have similar white lovey blankets; The name of your white blanket is "Neenee". Brother's white favorite blanket was "Boo" (And I have no idea where either name came from.)
11. It makes me smile to listen to how sweet you are to your brother even when he isn't nice to you.
12. You know how to use your manners. It does a mama's heart good to hear that.
13. Whenever you are sad, you want to sit on my lap and snuggle for as long as I can sit. (Which isn't long these days)
14. That you love to go shopping with me, even when it's to Walmart and I haven't promised you a toy. (Because I don't need to, and most times I don't even need a snack for you either)
15. It makes me smile to hear you call yourself a princess. Even though it brings frantic thoughts of drama and pinkness beyond my comprehension.
16. That when you fall asleep in my arms you still do your little baby whimper-smile with your sweet little lips.
17. It makes me smile that you are always willing to sit and read. You love books.
18. I think it's pretty cool that you love to count, sing songs pretty well and are well on your way to knowing the whole alphabet.
19. It makes me smile when you do something that your brother asks you to do without questioning him, because you trust him completely. (May be dangerous some day…)
20. It makes me smile knowing that God gave you to me for this sweet time and I get the privilege of watching you grow and teaching you all the wonders of Christ so that you too may one day know and love Him as much as I do.
I love my babies!